When you want that natural look for you outdoor decks, then timber decking boards are more appropriate for you. For commercial and residential areas in Coffs Harbour, NSW Australia and in neighbouring areas, timber has been a crowd favorite for its warm and rustic look. There is this classic feel that it gives off to your patio or garden, which can be pulled off by doing the right treatments and finishes to it.
Softwood and hardwood are two of the most common types of timber decking board, and each has its own unique features. At Coffs Harbour Decking Co, we have all the proper equipment and tools to perform the right treatment and installation for softwood and hardwood.
Our professional deck builders are more than willing to help you choose the right type of timber wood for your decking board. It is imperative, however, that you also weigh the pros and cons of each material type. Below are more things about the two timber decking materials:
- It is made from trees that grow fast, making it sustainable.
- It is the cheapest among the decking materials – hardwood and composite decks.
- It is easy to handle and install as it is light in weight.
- It is compatible with Q-Grip Strips and slip-resistant slips.
- It is available in different finishes and textures.
- It requires more maintenance depending on the treatments.
- It has a lower density, making it less durable than hardwood.
- It is considered as a short-term solution for some.
- It is not recommended if your outdoor space undergoes heavy traffic.
At Coffs Harbour Decking Co, we offer our clients who choose softwood as decking material a 15-year warranty for damages that might be caused by insect attacks, stubborn moulds, and fungus.
- It is made from slow-growing trees, making its core harder and its structure more complex.
- It is superior in quality as it can withstand outdoor conditions, harsh temperatures and heavy traffic.
- It is unique as it preserves that natural look of wood.
- It can suit almost all designs as it comes in different stains and cuts.
- It is highly durable and tougher than most decking materials.
- It is more difficult to handle and install because of its weight.
- It is more expensive than other deck boards.
- It is quite expensive compared to other decking materials.
- It requires regular maintenance to preserve its natural look.
- Its material is more difficult to process.
Our team of experts at Coffs Harbour Decking Co is more than ready to help you if you ever decide to finally make that big decision to construct your dream outdoor decking.
Together, let us collaborate and make the most beautiful outdoor decking you never thought was possible. Reach out to our professional deck builders today.